Phoenix of Academic Excellence The School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Phoenix of Academic Excellence The School District serving 135 students in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 62%.
Phoenix of Academic Excellence The School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Phoenix Learning Institute The 5310 N 12th Street, Unit 100
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Grades: 7-12 | 135 students
|School District Name||Phoenix of Academic Excellence The School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||135 students|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a|
|# of Male Students||70 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||65 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||96 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||24 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||4 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||69|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Phoenix of Academic Excellence The School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 30-39% has decreased from 40-59% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $7,735 is higher than the state average of $6,786. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,436 is higher than the state average of $6,477. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$905,000||$3 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$7,735||$6,786|
|Spending / Student||$8,436||$6,477|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.