Tolleson Elementary School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Tolleson Elementary School District serving 3,074 students in Tolleson, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 62%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is more than the state average of 19:1.
Tolleson Elementary School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tolleson Arizona Desert Elementary School8803 W. Van Buren Street
Tolleson, AZ 85353
Grades: PK-8 | 532 students
- Tolleson Desert Oasis Elementary School8802 W. Mcdowell
Tolleson, AZ 85353
Grades: PK-8 | 837 students
- Tolleson Porfirio H. Gonzales Elementary School9401 W. Garfield St.
Tolleson, AZ 85353
Grades: PK-8 | 899 students
- Phoenix Sheely Farms Elementary School9450 W. Encanto
Phoenix, AZ 85037
Grades: PK-8 | 806 students
|School District Name||Tolleson Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,736 students|
|# of Teachers||87 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
|# of Male Students||889 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||847 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||18 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,502 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||123 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||67 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||16 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||23|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||152|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||180|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||200|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||193|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||214|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||209|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||4|
- Tolleson Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,152 is higher than the state average of $6,786. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,436 is higher than the state average of $6,477. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$28 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$31 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,152||$6,786|
|Spending / Student||$11,436||$6,477|
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.