Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public schools in Arkansas, serving 542 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cabot Academic Center For Excellence 21 Funtastic Dr
Cabot, AR 72023
Grades: 8-12 | 229 students
- Little Rock Alternative Agencies 800 Apperson St
Little Rock, AR 72204
Grades: 3-12 | n/a students
- Beebe Badger Academy 1201 W Center St
Beebe, AR 72012
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Fort Smith Belle Point Alternative Center 1501 Dodson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
- Hope Garland Learning Center 601 W 6th St
Hope, AR 71801
Grades: PK-K | 140 students
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.