Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public schools in Arkansas, serving 542 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cabot Academic Center For Excellence 21 Funtastic Dr
Cabot, AR 72023
Grades: 8-12 | 229 students
- Little Rock Alternative Agencies 800 Apperson St
Little Rock, AR 72204
Grades: 3-12 | n/a students
- Beebe Badger Academy 1201 W Center St
Beebe, AR 72012
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Fort Smith Belle Point Alternative Center 1501 Dodson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
- Hope Garland Learning Center 601 W 6th St
Hope, AR 71801
Grades: PK-K | 140 students
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.