Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public schools in Arkansas, serving 542 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cabot Academic Center For Excellence 21 Funtastic Dr
Cabot, AR 72023
Grades: 8-12 | 229 students
- Little Rock Alternative Agencies 800 Apperson St
Little Rock, AR 72204
Grades: 3-12 | n/a students
- Beebe Badger Academy 1201 W Center St
Beebe, AR 72012
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Fort Smith Belle Point Alternative Center 1501 Dodson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
- Hope Garland Learning Center 601 W 6th St
Hope, AR 71801
Grades: PK-K | 140 students
The results are in from Education Week’s annual public school rankings – and Maryland schools take the top spot for the fourth year in a row.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.