Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 top alternative public schools in Arkansas, serving 542 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Arkansas Alternative Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cabot Academic Center For Excellence 21 Funtastic Dr
Cabot, AR 72023
Grades: 8-12 | 229 students
- Little Rock Alternative Agencies 800 Apperson St
Little Rock, AR 72204
Grades: 3-12 | n/a students
- Beebe Badger Academy 1201 W Center St
Beebe, AR 72012
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Fort Smith Belle Point Alternative Center 1501 Dodson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
- Hope Garland Learning Center 601 W 6th St
Hope, AR 71801
Grades: PK-K | 140 students
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.