Top Arkansas Alternative Public High Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 5 top alternative public high schools in Arkansas, serving 402 students.
- Alternative schools aim to help students whose needs may not be successfully met in regular schools.
- Students who attend alternative schools and may be at risk of educational failure (as indicated by poor grades, truancy, disruptive behavior, pregnancy, or similar factors associated with temporary or permanent withdrawal from school).
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Top Arkansas Alternative Public High Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cabot Academic Center For Excellence 21 Funtastic Dr
Cabot, AR 72023
Grades: 8-12 | 229 students
- Little Rock Alternative Agencies 800 Apperson St
Little Rock, AR 72204
Grades: 3-12 | n/a students
- Beebe Badger Academy 1201 W Center St
Beebe, AR 72012
Grades: 7-12 | 26 students
- Fort Smith Belle Point Alternative Center 1501 Dodson Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Grades: 7-12 | 76 students
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.