Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public elementary school in Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District, serving 96 students. Public elementary school in Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District have an average math proficiency score of 5% (versus the Arkansas public elementary school average of 53%), and reading proficiency score of 5% (versus the 43% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 57% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Arkansas public elementary school average of 40% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 7:1 is less than the Arkansas public elementary school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District|
|School District Website||http://www.arkansas.gov/dhs/dys/|
|School District Phone Number||(501) 682-1711|
|School District Grades Offered||05 - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||1 School||698 Schools|
|# of Students||96 Students||313,174 Students|
|# of Teachers||13 Teachers||21,211 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
- Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 257 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 20-29% has increased from 11-19% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#262 out of 262 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||1,930 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||4,867 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3 Students||42,457 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||51 Students||64,631 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||41 Students||187,776 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||2,746 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||8,755 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||14,701|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||35,672|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||36,844|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||37,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||38,853|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||2||20,165|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||14,558|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||22||756|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||29||639|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||21||510|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||13||510|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||119|
Arkansas Youth Services School SySTEM School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Ark Consolidated High School 700 S Main St
Little Rock, AR 72203
Grades: 6-12 | 96 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.