Barton-Lexa School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Barton-Lexa School District, serving 777 students.
- Public school in Barton-Lexa School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus the Arkansas public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 37% (versus the 53% statewide average). This district's average school ranking is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Arkansas public school average of 39% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the Arkansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Barton-Lexa School District|
|School District Phone Number||(870)572-7294|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,087 Schools|
|# of Students||777 Students||496,099 Students|
|# of Teachers||64 Teachers||35,801 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
- Barton-Lexa School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 261 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||3,146 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||8 Students||8,074 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||17 Students||64,857 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||268 Students||101,315 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||481 Students||301,858 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||4,014 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||12,823 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||20||16,843|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||62||36,976|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||56||36,844|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||56||36,929|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||51||37,788|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||68||38,814|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||56||38,853|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||53||36,316|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||58||36,431|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||50||36,623|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||66||37,736|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||55||37,222|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||67||35,386|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||59||33,052|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||286|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,717 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,489. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,980 is higher than the state average of $10,954. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$11 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,717||$10,489|
|Spending / Student||$12,980||$10,954|
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.