Arlene Welch Elementary School
Arlene Welch Elementary School serves 674 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Arlene Welch Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Illinois for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 58% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 49% (which is higher than the Illinois state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Illinois state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Illinois state average of 52% (majority Hispanic and Black).
Arlene Welch Elementary School's student population of 674 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 43 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Arlene Welch Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,655 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Arlene Welch Elementary School is 0.65, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (IL)
Overall Testing Rank
#573 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, IL Dept. of Education
Review Arlene Welch Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.