Armstrong Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 342 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 55%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in LA
- Math Proficiency: 15% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 38% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), LA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 29% LA state average), while 38% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 40% LA state average).
How many students attend Armstrong Middle School?
342 students attend Armstrong Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
45% of Armstrong Middle School students are White, 44% of students are Black, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Hispanic.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Armstrong Middle School?
Armstrong Middle School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Louisiana state average of 17:1.
What grades does Armstrong Middle School offer ?
Armstrong Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Armstrong Middle School part of?
Armstrong Middle School is part of Acadia Parish School District.
Review Armstrong Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities