Atlantic High School
Top Placements (Florida)
Atlantic High School is Listed among the top public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Atlantic High School's student population of 2324 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 128 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,324 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||128 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Atlantic High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Atlantic High School is Palm Beach School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Palm Beach School District's student population of 189,145 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 82% has increased from 74% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,873 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Palm Beach School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||189,145||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,924 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,952 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,873||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
- Atlantic Community High School is a public high school located in Delray Beach, Florida. It is part of the School District of Palm Beach County. It is known for its International Baccalaureate magnet program and for its academics in general; in the Newsweek high-school rankings, the school was listed 57th in 2004, 18th in 2005 and 25th in 2006. In 2005, the school moved to a new location and added a freshman academy and a construction-oriented magnet program.
- History: Seacrest High School was built in 1949 as a school for white students in Delray Beach and Boynton Beach, Florida. African-American students of the cities attended Carver High School, which later became Carver Middle School and is now the Delray Beach Full Service Center. In 1961, the school began the process of desegregation and changed its name to Atlantic Community High School. The school adopted the colors of Seacrest High School (Green and White) and the mascott of Carver High School (the eagle). In 1989, the school became an International Baccalaureate World School. In 2004, the school moved from its original location on Seacrest Blvd. to Atlantic Ave.
- International Baccalaureate: Atlantic is home to the International Baccalaureate program for the southern portion of Palm Beach County. It is regarded as a model school for this program due to its consistently high testing. The IB program is also known for its size. In 2003, 117 of Atlantic's candidates received the International Baccalaureate diploma. However, in 2006, only 66 of the school's candidates received the diploma.
- Construction Academy: Atlantic's construction academy was added to the school beginning in fall 2005. The students of the academy are designing and building a house, called the "Eagles' Nest," in collaboration with the city of Delray Beach. The groundbreaking ceremony for the project was held in December 2005.
- Athletics: Atlantic's athletics are in the highly competitive 6A division. Sports include, but are not limited to: football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, bowling, volleyball, cross country, track and field, and lacrosse. Atlantic High School has 43 sports activities.
- JROTC: Atlantic also is home to the Eagle Battalion of the Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps. Current Army instructors include Lieutenant Colonel James Rodriguez, Command Sergeant Major James Peavy, and First Sergeant Ronnie McNair. The Eagle Battalion is an Honor Unit with Distinction, and has an award-winning drill team.
- Band: The Atlantic marching band has performed in nationally recognized venues on several occasions. Notable appearances include the 2000 Aloha Parade in Waikiki and 2005 Saint Patrick's Day parade in New York City. In 2007, the band will appear in the Saint Patrick's Day parade in Savannah, Georgia.
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Atlantic High School is Village Academy On Art & Sara Jo Kobacker Campus (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Village Academy On Art & Sara Jo Kobacker Campus (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Village Academy On Art & Sara Jo Kobacker Campus (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Delray Beach Atlantic High Adult Education Center Grades: AE
2455 W Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33445
(561)243-1520 0.0 AE n/a
- Delray Beach Delray Full Service Adult Education Grades: AE
301 Sw 14th Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444
(561)266-1200 0.7 AE n/a
- Delray Beach Village Academy On Art & Sara Jo Kobacker Campus Grades: PK-12 | 891 students
400 Sw 12th Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444
(561)243-6100 0.9 PK-12 891
- Delray Beach Carver Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 862 students
101 Barwick Rd
Delray Beach, FL 33445
(561)638-2100 1.0 6-8 862
- Delray Beach S. D. Spady Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 648 students
901 Nw 3rd St
Delray Beach, FL 33444
(561)454-7800 1.2 PK-5 648
We were lucky enough to attend the battle of the bands in Vero Beach. What a great performance! Thank everyone who worked hard to make the band tops.
- Posted by georg
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.