Aurora Elementary School
Aurora Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Aurora Elementary School's student population of 210 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013, 2019)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Aurora Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#15 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Government Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 472 students
525 Bluff Dr
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-5000 0.3 PK-6 472
- Anchorage The New Path High School Grades: 7-12 | 16 students
1400 East 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)742-4939 1.3 7-12 16
- Anchorage Winterberry School Grades: K-8 | 241 students
4802 Bryn Mawr Ct
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-0139 1.3 K-8 241
- Anchorage Avail School Grades: 6-12 | 100 students
425 C St
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-4930 1.4 6-12 100
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.