Aurora Elementary School
- Aurora Elementary School's student population of 219 students has declined by 38% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 41% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||219 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Aurora Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Government Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 470 students
525 Bluff Drive
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-5000 0.3 PK-6 470
- Anchorage The New Path High School Grades: 7-12 | 21 students
1400 East 4th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)742-4939 1.3 7-12 21
- Anchorage Winterberry School Grades: K-8 | 257 students
4802 Bryn Mawr Court
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-0139 1.3 K-8 257
- Anchorage Avail School Grades: 6-12 | 93 students
425 C Street
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-4930 1.4 6-12 93
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.