William Tyson Elementary School
William Tyson Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- William Tyson Elementary School's student population of 475 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William Tyson Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Crossroads School Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
3350 Commercial Dr # 101
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-2424 0.4 7-12 25
- Anchorage Clark Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 965 students
150 South Bragaw Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-4700 0.7 6-8 965
- Anchorage Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 346 students
4005 Mcphee Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-3900 0.8 PK-6 346
- Jber Mt. Spurr Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 319 students
8414 Mcguire Ave
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0200 1.0 PK-6 319
- Jber Orion Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 334 students
5112 Arctic Warrior Dr
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0250 1.0 PK-6 334
Although this school is just around the corner from my place. I do not recommend this school unless you have no choice. Sure there maybe more diverse students that attend this school. Unfortunately, my child was "considered stealing" out of the treasure box. My child was just anxious and instead of waiting her turn to pick out a prize she got up and grabbed a prize. But no teacher should tell a parent or label a child as a thief, especially in kindergarten. When you have a degree in a field, you must love what you do
- Posted by Parent - mlauj
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.