Clark Middle School
Clark Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Clark Middle School's student population of 965 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||965 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clark Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Crossroads School Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
3350 Commercial Dr # 101
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-2424 0.3 7-12 25
- Anchorage Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 346 students
4005 Mcphee Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-3900 0.6 PK-6 346
- Anchorage Wonder Park Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 411 students
5101 E 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)337-1569 0.8 PK-6 411
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.