Mountain View Elementary School
Mountain View Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Mountain View Elementary School's student population of 346 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||346 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mountain View Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anchorage Clark Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 965 students
150 South Bragaw Street
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-4700 0.6 6-8 965
- Anchorage Crossroads School Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
3350 Commercial Dr # 101
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-2424 0.6 7-12 25
- Jber Orion Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 334 students
5112 Arctic Warrior Dr
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0250 0.6 PK-6 334
- Jber Mt. Spurr Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 319 students
8414 Mcguire Ave
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0200 0.7 PK-6 319
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.