Government Hill Elementary School
Government Hill Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Government Hill Elementary School's student population of 470 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||470 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Government Hill Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Anchorage School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jber Aurora Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 219 students
5085 10th Street
Jber, AK 99506
(907)742-0300 0.3 PK-6 219
- Anchorage Avail School Grades: 6-12 | 93 students
425 C Street
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-4930 1.0 6-12 93
- Anchorage The New Path High School Grades: 7-12 | 21 students
1400 East 4th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99507
(907)742-4939 1.0 7-12 21
- Anchorage Winterberry School Grades: K-8 | 257 students
4802 Bryn Mawr Court
Anchorage, AK 99508
(907)742-0139 1.0 K-8 257
- Anchorage Denali Montessori Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 422 students
148 East Ninth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
(907)742-4500 1.3 PK-6 422
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.