Bacon County High School
- Bacon County High School's student population of 570 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bacon County High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Bacon County High School is Bacon County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Bacon County School District's student population of 2,145 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80-84% has increased from 75-79% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,097 in this district is less than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has declined by 31% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,103 is less than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has declined by 51% over four school years.
|School District Name||Bacon County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||2,145||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||80-84%|
|District Total Revenue||$18 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$16 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,097||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$8,103||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alma Bacon County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 460 students
1188 Us Hwy 1s
Alma, GA 31510
(912)632-4662 0.0 6-8 460
- Alma Bacon County Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 483 students
523 E 16th St
Alma, GA 31510
(912)632-4133 1.0 3-5 483
- Alma Bacon County Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 632 students
251 Cumberland Rd
Alma, GA 31510
(912)632-4765 1.1 PK-2 632
- Nicholls Nicholls Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 355 students
704 Van Streat Hwy
Nicholls, GA 31554
(912)345-2429 10.6 PK-5 355
- Surrency Fourth District Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 193 students
13396 Blackshear Hwy
Surrency, GA 31563
(912)367-3250 13.6 PK-5 193
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.