Baldy Mesa Elementary School
Baldy Mesa Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Baldy Mesa Elementary School's student population of 848 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||848 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Baldy Mesa Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#6338 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Snowline Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Victorville Hollyvale Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 401 students
11645 Hollyvale Ave.
Victorville, CA 92392
(760)947-3484 3.8 K-6 401
- Adelanto Eagle Ranch Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 673 students
12545 Eagle Ranch Pkwy.
Adelanto, CA 92301
(760)949-2100 4.1 K-5 673
- Phelan Heritage Grades: K-8 | 512 students
9542 Wilson Ranch Rd.
Phelan, CA 92329
(760)868-2422 4.3 K-8 512
- Phelan Vista Verde Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 751 students
13403 Vista Verde Dr.
Phelan, CA 92329
(760)662-5650 4.3 K-5 751
The facilities are nice. The principal and vice principal are quite visible. I cannot say that I like this school. The curriculum is based on the star testing. If your student is in need of any type of help or falls behind in any classes, do not expect any help from the school. The principal and vice prinicipal are most times not available and do not return phone calls. The special education and speech dept. is in the impression that no student will be accepted for help. The academic programs are all based on achieving the highest star testing scores possible without regard to students that may need help cathing up.
- Posted by Parent - mitsc
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.