Bang Elementary School
Bang Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Bang Elementary School's student population of 949 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||949 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bang Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3090 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cypress-fairbanks Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Cook Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1504 students
9111 Wheatland Dr
Houston, TX 77064
(281)897-4400 0.5 6-8 1504
- Houston Gleason Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 1021 students
9203 Willowbridge Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77064
(281)517-6800 1.0 PK-5 1021
- Houston Harmony School Of Innovation - Houston Grades: 6-8 | 530 students
9421 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
Houston, TX 77099
(713)343-3333 1.2 6-8 530
- Cypress Anthony Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1421 students
10215 Greenhouse Rd
Cypress, TX 77433
(281)373-5660 1.5 6-8 1421
- Houston Bridgeland High School Grades: 9-12
10300 Jones Rd
Houston, TX 77269
(281)897-4000 1.5 9-12 n/a
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.