- The student population of 851 students has grown by 141% over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-12|
|Total Students||851 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.57 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|This School||(AZ) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
The chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.
- Basis Inc. School District's student population of 851 students has grown by 141% over five years.
- The revenue/student of $13,564 is higher than the state average of $9,449. The district revenue/student has grown by 130% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,977 is higher than the state average of $8,879. The district spending/student has declined by 15% over four years.
|School District Name||Basis Inc. School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||851||325|
|District Total Revenue||$5 MM||$3 MM|
|District Spending||$4 MM||$2 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,564||$9,449|
|District Spending / Student||$11,977||$8,879|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TucsonDesert Springs AcademyGrades: KG-8 | 130 students
10129 E. Speedway
Tucson, AZ 85748
- TucsonHowell Peter Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 337 students
401 N. Irving
Tucson, AZ 85711
- TucsonCatalina High Magnet SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 862 students
3645 E. Pima
Tucson, AZ 85716
- PhoenixAmerischools Academy - Country ClubGrades: KG-12 | 194 students
5383 E. Rockridge Road
Phoenix, AZ 85018
- TucsonJohn E Wright Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 406 students
4311 E. Linden
Tucson, AZ 85712
I am a student and I find this school to be a bit challenging, but filled with fun and academic programs. There are many extracuriccular activities and sports (flag football, volleyball, basketball, tennis, soccer, etc.). Our school's chess club, Science Club, Math Counts Club (and so on) have received MANY awards. All the teachers are kind and I can say likewise for many of the students. Many parents donate money and/or are involved with the school. BASIS Tucson Middle School is an outstanding school that I would recommend to anyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cherr
January 01, 2018
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
January 01, 2018
We’ll look at the many challenges facing schools in New York and New Jersey, as they struggle to get ready for students and balance the ongoing need to provide shelter to those displaced by the storm.
January 01, 2018
Students have headed back to school across the country, but are greeted by new security technology and armed security guards. We take a look at Post-Newtown public education.