Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center
- Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center's student population of 436 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||436 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#35 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥95%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Ebr Readiness Superintendent Academy Grades: 8-12 | 65 students
2401 72nd Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
(225)757-9679 0.7 8-12 65
- Baton Rouge Louisiana Key Academy Grades: 1-7 | 339 students
3172 Government Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)298-1223 0.9 1-7 339
- Baton Rouge Southdowns School Grades: PK-K | 103 students
2050 Hood Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)346-1127 0.9 PK-K 103
- Baton Rouge Westdale Heights Academic Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 444 students
2000 College Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)926-5421 1.1 PK-5 444
When I was at this school, the teachers were very hostile to my accommodations and I got overly harsh consequences for my actions.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - none of your business
If your child has special needs and need accomodations will not be assesed properly and accomdated to suit his disability. I also have found them to be discrimination against race. This is my personal and opinion and from personal experiences with the staff.
- Posted by Parent - l.lam
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.