Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center
Top Placements (Louisiana)
Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center is Listed among the top public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center's student population of 435 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||435 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center is ranked within the top 5% of all 1277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Baton Rouge Visual And Performing Arts Center is East Baton Rouge Parish School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- East Baton Rouge Parish School District's student population of 46,333 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,089 in this district is less than the state average of $24,719. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,165 is less than the state average of $22,732. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||46,333||1,095|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$563 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$566 MM||$25 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,089||$24,719|
|District Spending / Student||$13,165||$22,732|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Ebr Readiness Superintendent Academy Grades: 8-12 | 96 students
1919 Starting Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
(225)922-5465 0.7 8-12 96
- Baton Rouge Southdowns School Grades: PK-K | 91 students
2050 Hood Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)346-1127 0.9 PK-K 91
- Baton Rouge Louisiana Key Academy Grades: K-4 | 233 students
3172 Government Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70898
(225)298-1223 1.0 K-4 233
- Baton Rouge Westdale Heights Academic Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 440 students
2000 College Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)926-5421 1.1 PK-5 440
If your child has special needs and need accomodations will not be assesed properly and accomdated to suit his disability. I also have found them to be discrimination against race. This is my personal and opinion and from personal experiences with the staff.
- Posted by Parent - l.lam
Nearby Homes for Sale
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.