Bb Comer Memorial Elementary School
- Bb Comer Memorial Elementary School's student population of 549 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||549 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bb Comer Memorial Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#951 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Talladega County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sylacauga Sylacauga High School Grades: 9-12 | 681 students
701 N Broadway
Sylacauga, AL 35150
(256) 249-0911 1.0 9-12 681
- Sylacauga Pinecrest Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 520 students
615 Coaling Rd
Sylacauga, AL 35151
(256) 245-5700 2.1 3-5 520
- Sylacauga Indian Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 514 students
1099 Oldfield Rd
Sylacauga, AL 35150
(256) 249-0397 2.3 PK-2 514
The recent Atlanta cheating scandal has been rocked with another scandal: the ensuing cover-up. Learn more about the second chapter of the standardized test cheating controversy that has this Southern state shaking its head.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about the Montessori Method, the growing number of Montessori charter schools, and why parents are considering this individualized approach to education.