Beacon High School
Beacon High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Beacon High School's student population of 893 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 68 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||893 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Beacon High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#547 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Beacon City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Beacon High School is Newburgh Free Academy (3.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newburgh Horizon-on-the-hudson Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 703 students
137 Montgomery St
Newburgh, NY 12550
(845)563-3725 2.1 PK-5 703
I graduated in 1975 and I am very proud that the new Beacon High has a majority minority enrollment and that the school remains academically sound.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - "Mahdi" Leroy J. Thorpe. Jr., LGSW.,LPC
Best visual arts department - cool teacher --- hard to gain admission, but well worth the effort.
- Posted by Parent - ggorg
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.