Bear Mountain Elementary School serves 751 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Bear Mountain Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is equal to the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 751 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Bear Mountain Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Most improved public schools
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Bear Mountain Elementary School's student population of 751 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Bear Mountain Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Bear Mountain Elementary School is 0.06, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bear Mountain Elementary School's ranking?
Bear Mountain Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What schools are Bear Mountain Elementary School often compared to?
Bear Mountain Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Standard Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Bear Mountain Elementary School?
751 students attend Bear Mountain Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
97% of Bear Mountain Elementary School students are Hispanic, 2% of students are Black, and 1% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bear Mountain Elementary School?
Bear Mountain Elementary School has a student ration of 21:1, which is equal to the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Bear Mountain Elementary School offer ?
Bear Mountain Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Bear Mountain Elementary School part of?
Bear Mountain Elementary School is part of Arvin Union School District.
Review Bear Mountain Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.