Bel Air Elementary School
- Bel Air Elementary School's student population of 232 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2011)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bel Air Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Allegany County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumberland Cresaptown Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
13202 6th Ave
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301)729-0212 1.4 PK-5 359
- Ridgeley Frankfort High School Grades: 9-12 | 566 students
Route 3 Box 169
Ridgeley, WV 26753
(304)726-4767 3.2 9-12 566
- Ridgeley Frankfort Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 536 students
Route 3 Box 170
Ridgeley, WV 26753
(304)726-4339 3.4 5-8 536
- Wiley Ford Wiley Ford Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 182 students
71 Wiley Ford School Road
Wiley Ford, WV 26767
(304)738-0400 4.7 PK-2 182
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.