Cresaptown Elementary School
- Cresaptown Elementary School's student population of 359 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||359 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cresaptown Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#556 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Allegany County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumberland Bel Air Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 232 students
14401 Barton Blvd
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301)729-2992 1.4 PK-5 232
- Ridgeley Frankfort Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 536 students
Route 3 Box 170
Ridgeley, WV 26753
(304)726-4339 2.5 5-8 536
- Ridgeley Frankfort High School Grades: 9-12 | 566 students
Route 3 Box 169
Ridgeley, WV 26753
(304)726-4767 3.4 9-12 566
- Wiley Ford Wiley Ford Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 182 students
71 Wiley Ford School Road
Wiley Ford, WV 26767
(304)738-0400 3.4 PK-2 182
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.