Westmar Middle School
- Westmar Middle School's student population of 282 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Westmar Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Allegany County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lonaconing George's Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 307 students
15600 Lower Georges Creek Rd S
Lonaconing, MD 21539
(301)463-6202 2.6 PK-5 307
- Westernport Westernport Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 273 students
172 Church St
Westernport, MD 21562
(301)359-0511 5.8 PK-5 273
- Frostburg Beall Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 456 students
3 E College Ave
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-3636 7.5 PK-5 456
- Cumberland Bel Air Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 232 students
14401 Barton Blvd
Cumberland, MD 21502
(301)729-2992 7.5 PK-5 232
- Keyser Mineral County Alternative School Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
50 Clary Street
Keyser, WV 26726
(304)788-4213 7.6 7-12 12
How does socioeconomic status affect students and are boys more sensitive to disadvantage than girls?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.