Northern Middle School
- Northern Middle School's student population of 347 students has grown by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Northern Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#617 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garrett County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Friendsville Friendsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 150 students
841 First Ave
Friendsville, MD 21531
(301)746-5100 5.6 PK-5 150
- Accident Accident Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 250 students
534 Accident-bittinger Rd
Accident, MD 21520
(301)746-8863 5.7 PK-5 250
- Grantsville Grantsville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 236 students
120 Grant St
Grantsville, MD 21536
(301)895-5173 8.1 PK-5 236
- Confluence Turkeyfoot Valley Area Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 171 students
172 Turkeyfoot Rd
Confluence, PA 15424
(814)395-3623 9.3 PK-6 171
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.