Bell Creek Academy High School
Bell Creek Academy High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Bell Creek Academy High School's student population of 391 students has grown by 45% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bell Creek Academy High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#930 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Avant Grade Academy Westchase Grades: K-8 | 227 students
13901 Sheldon Rd
Tampa, FL 33626
(813) 551-2144 0.0 K-8 227
- Riverview Bridgeprep Academy Of Riverview Grades: K-8 | 641 students
6309 Us Highway 301 S
Riverview, FL 33578
(813) 405-1770 0.0 K-8 641
- Tampa Excelsior Prep Charter School Grades: K-8 | 75 students
2156 University Square Mall Un
Tampa, FL 33612
(813) 615-1736 0.0 K-8 75
- Tampa Florida Connections Academy
901 E Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33601
(813) 272-4050 0.0 n/a n/a
- Tampa Henderson Hammock Charter School Grades: K-8 | 1,099 student
10322 Henderson Rd
Tampa, FL 33625
(813) 739-6633 0.0 K-8 1,099
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.