Newsome High School
Newsome High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Newsome High School's student population of 2,594 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 130 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,594 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||130 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Newsome High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#806 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lithia Fishhawk Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 956 students
16815 Dorman Rd
Lithia, FL 33547
(813)651-2150 1.2 PK-5 956
- Valrico Lithia Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 581 students
4332 Lynx Paw Trl
Valrico, FL 33596
(813)744-8016 1.8 PK-5 581
Academic program is not challenging enough unless you are in honors classes. They have a pay to play requirement on any sport and also charge for involvement in other extracurricular clubs. Guidance department is very unprofessional and not knowledgeable with all policies and procedures for the school district. Their secretary is very unprofessional and needs to go to ediquette school. There are several other public high schools as well as private schools in this area. I would check them out before enrolling your children in Newsome.
- Posted by Parent - lisa
Administration treats students differently according to parental clout. Many disrespectful students at this school. My child skipped school to avoid bullying. I was never notified by the teacher that he had been out 15 times in one semester. I found out after contacting teacher regarding slip in grades.
- Posted by Parent - nutnw