Durant High School
Durant High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Durant High School's student population of 2413 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 122 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,413 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||122 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Durant High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Durant High School is Hillsborough School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hillsborough School District's student population of 211,933 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 79% has increased from 69% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,407 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,791 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||211,933||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$1,886 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$1,963 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,407||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$9,791||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valrico Lithia Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 581 students
4332 Lynx Paw Trl
Valrico, FL 33596
(813)744-8016 3.0 PK-5 581
- Lithia Pinecrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 574 students
7950 Lithia Pinecrest Rd
Lithia, FL 33547
(813)744-8164 3.0 PK-5 574
I graduated in 2003, and Durant was an amazing school with alot to offer.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Amber Murray
I attended Durant and I loved it! It was an amazing school with a staff that genuinely cares about their students. I felt truly cared for and I had a wonderful experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - allio
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.