Durant High School
Durant High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Durant High School's student population of 2,413 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 122 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,413 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||122 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Durant High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hillsborough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Valrico Lithia Springs Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 581 students
4332 Lynx Paw Trl
Valrico, FL 33596
(813)744-8016 3.0 PK-5 581
- Lithia Pinecrest Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 574 students
7950 Lithia Pinecrest Rd
Lithia, FL 33547
(813)744-8164 3.0 PK-5 574
I graduated in 2003, and Durant was an amazing school with alot to offer.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Amber Murray
I attended Durant and I loved it! It was an amazing school with a staff that genuinely cares about their students. I felt truly cared for and I had a wonderful experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - allio
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.