Ben Lomond Elementary School
- Ben Lomond Elementary School's student population of 483 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ben Lomond Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 24:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Ben Lomond Elementary School is Covina-valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Covina-valley Unified School District's student population of 10,918 students has decreased by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,043 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,411 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 37% over four school years.
|School District Name||Covina-valley Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,918||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$135 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,043||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,411||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covina Fairvalley High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 142 students
758 W Grondhal
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-6420 0.6 9-12 142
- Covina Cedargrove Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 766 students
1209 N. Glendora Ave.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)966-8675 0.8 K-6 766
- Covina Charter Oak High School Grades: 9-12 | 1645 students
1430 E. Covina Blvd.
Covina, CA 91724
(626)915-5841 1.0 9-12 1645
- Covina Cypress Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 649 students
351 W. Cypress Ave.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-4300 1.0 K-5 649
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.