Cypress Elementary School
- Cypress Elementary School's student population of 649 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||649 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cypress Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Cypress Elementary School is Covina-valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Covina-valley Unified School District's student population of 10,918 students has decreased by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,043 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,411 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 37% over four school years.
|School District Name||Covina-valley Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,918||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$135 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,043||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,411||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Covina Fairvalley High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 142 students
758 W Grondhal
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-6420 0.8 9-12 142
- Covina Northview High School Grades: 9-12 | 1333 students
1016 W. Cypress Ave.
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-6120 0.9 9-12 1333
- Covina Ben Lomond Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 483 students
621 E. Covina Blvd.
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-4101 1.0 K-5 483
- Covina Covina High School Grades: 9-12 | 1316 students
463 S. Hollenbeck Ave.
Covina, CA 91723
(626)974-6020 1.0 9-12 1316
- Azusa Clifford D. Murray Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 458 students
505 E. Renwick Rd.
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)633-8700 1.1 K-5 458
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.