Benjamin Franklin Elementary School serves 500 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is higher than the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 500 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 20:1
- Minority Enrollment: 9%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School's student population of 500 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is 0.17, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#231 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Benjamin Franklin Elementary School's ranking?
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is ranked #231 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana.
What schools are Benjamin Franklin Elementary School often compared to?
Benjamin Franklin Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Francis Vigo Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Benjamin Franklin Elementary School?
500 students attend Benjamin Franklin Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
91% of Benjamin Franklin Elementary School students are White, 4% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Benjamin Franklin Elementary School?
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School has a student ration of 20:1, which is higher than the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does Benjamin Franklin Elementary School offer ?
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Benjamin Franklin Elementary School part of?
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is part of Vincennes Community School Corp School District.
Review Benjamin Franklin Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
October 30, 2023Demystifying IEPs
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.