Bentonia Gibbs School
Bentonia Gibbs School places among the top 20% of public schools in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Bentonia Gibbs School's student population of 521 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||521 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bentonia Gibbs School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MS)|
|Overall School Rank||#533 out of 840 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Yazoo Co Dist School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Yazoo City Yazoo County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 370 students
116 Panther Drive
Yazoo City, MS 39194
(662)746-1596 7.6 6-8 370
- Flora East Flora Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 340 students
4759 Hwy 22 East
Flora, MS 39071
(601)879-8724 8.9 PK-5 340
- Madison Mannsdale Upper Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 597 students
371 Mannsdale Road
Madison, MS 39110
(601)879-3433 13.7 3-5 597
- Madison Mannsdale Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 566 students
443 Mannsdale Road
Madison, MS 39110
(601)879-0309 14.0 K-2 566
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.