Big Springs Elementary School
- Big Springs Elementary School's student population of 179 students has grown by 34% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Big Springs Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#4126 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Big Springs Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montague Little Shasta Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 11 students
8409 Lower Little Shasta Rd.
Montague, CA 96064
(530)459-3269 10.1 K-6 11
- Grenada Grenada Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 201 students
516 Shasta Blvd.
Grenada, CA 96038
(530)436-2233 10.7 K-8 201
- Gazelle Gazelle Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 30 students
25305 Gazelle-callahan Rd.
Gazelle, CA 96034
(530)435-2321 11.2 K-8 30
- Weed Weed Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 269 students
575 White Ave.
Weed, CA 96094
(530)938-2715 11.8 K-8 269
- Weed Weed High School Grades: 9-12 | 139 students
Weed, CA 96094
(530)938-4774 11.8 9-12 139
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.