Bill E. Young Junior Middle School
Bill E. Young Junior Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Bill E. Young Junior Middle School's student population of 358 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bill E. Young Junior Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,584 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#6170 out of 9584 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calipatria Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Calipatria Fremont Primary Grades: K-4 | 367 students
401 W. Main St.
Calipatria, CA 92233
(760)348-5025 0.1 K-4 367
- Calipatria Calipatria High School Grades: 9-12 | 366 students
601 W. Main St.
Calipatria, CA 92233
(760)348-2254 0.4 9-12 366
- Niland Grace Smith Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 77 students
9 E. Fourth St.
Niland, CA 92257
(760)359-0636 7.8 K-4 77
- Brawley Mulberry Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 81 students
1391 E. Rutherford Rd.
Brawley, CA 92227
(760)344-8600 7.8 K-8 81
- Westmorland Westmorland Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 372 students
200 S. C St.
Westmorland, CA 92281
(760)344-4364 8.4 K-8 372
Nearby Homes for Sale
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
A new bill in the Arizona State Senate could criminalize teachers who use inappropriate language in the classroom. We’ll take a look at both sides of the debate.