Birch River Elementary School
Birch River Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Birch River Elementary School's student population of 95 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Birch River Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 644 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||#161 out of 644 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Nicholas County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.