Bixby Elementary School
- Bixby Elementary School's student population of 475 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||475 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bixby Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2581 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Long Beach Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Prisk Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 568 students
2375 Fanwood Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562)598-9601 0.9 K-5 568
- Long Beach Carver Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 505 students
5335 E. Pavo St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562)420-2697 1.1 K-5 505
- Long Beach Bryant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 362 students
4101 E. Fountain St.
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562)498-3802 1.2 K-5 362
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.