Blackburn Elementary School
- Blackburn Elementary School's student population of 449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blackburn Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Manatee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palmetto Lincoln Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 537 students
305 17th St E
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)721-6840 2.2 6-8 537
- Bradenton Hospital Homebound Instruction Grades: K-12
1400 1st Ave E
Bradenton, FL 34206
(941)721-2300 2.6 K-12 n/a
- Bradenton Manatee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 521 students
1609 6th Ave E
Bradenton, FL 34208
(941)741-3319 2.7 PK-5 521
This is an excellent school with a very caring, supportive, dedicated staff. The teachers and support staff are the best that I have ever encountered, and their dedication to the studnets is evident everyday.
- Posted by Parent - cmhs9
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.