Blackburn Elementary School
- Blackburn Elementary School's student population of 449 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||449 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blackburn Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1689 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Manatee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palmetto Lincoln Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 537 students
305 17th St E
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)721-6840 2.2 6-8 537
- Bradenton Hospital Homebound Instruction Grades: K-12
1400 1st Ave E
Bradenton, FL 34206
(941)721-2300 2.6 K-12 n/a
- Bradenton Manatee Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 521 students
1609 6th Ave E
Bradenton, FL 34208
(941)741-3319 2.7 PK-5 521
This is an excellent school with a very caring, supportive, dedicated staff. The teachers and support staff are the best that I have ever encountered, and their dedication to the studnets is evident everyday.
- Posted by Parent - cmhs9
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.