Virgil Mills Elementary School
Virgil Mills Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Virgil Mills Elementary School's student population of 1,183 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,183 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Virgil Mills Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Manatee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palmetto Imagine Charter School At North Manatee Grades: PK-8 | 562 students
9275 49th Ave E
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)723-1205 2.2 PK-8 562
- Palmetto Palm View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 354 students
6025 Bayshore Rd
Palmetto, FL 34221
(941)723-4812 4.2 PK-5 354
- Parrish Annie Lucy Williams Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 913 students
3404 Fort Hamer Rd
Parrish, FL 34219
(941)776-4040 4.4 PK-5 913
Outstanding school wonderful teachers can't wait to go back next year
- Posted by Parent - Ann
Excellent academic program, teachers, and facilitiesOutstanding music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities.
- Posted by Parent - Elizabeth
Rude car circle staff lately. Teachers are great. Good programs.
- Posted by Parent - Flori
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.