Blacksburg Elementary School
- Blacksburg Elementary School's student population of 369 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-5|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blacksburg Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Overall School Rank||#690 out of 1,130 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cherokee 01 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blacksburg Blacksburg Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 371 students
101 London Street
Blacksburg, SC 29702
(864)206-6829 0.2 6-8 371
- Blacksburg Blacksburg Primary Grades: PK-2 | 437 students
1010 East Cherokee Street
Blacksburg, SC 29702
(864)206-6936 1.4 PK-2 437
- Gaffney Cherokee Technology Center Grades: 10-12
3206 Cherokee Avenue
Gaffney, SC 29340
(864)206-2576 5.5 10-12 n/a
- Grover Grover Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 358 students
206 Carolina Avenue
Grover, NC 28073
(704)476-8351 5.6 PK-4 358
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.