Blevins Elementary School
Blevins Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Blevins Elementary School's student population of 280 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blevins Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,008 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AR)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#567 out of 1008 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Blevins School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blevins Blevins High School Grades: 7-12 | 202 students
5954 Hwy 29 N
Blevins, AR 71825
(870) 874-2281 0.2 7-12 202
- Prescott Prescott High School Grades: 7-12 | 451 students
736 Martin St
Prescott, AR 71857
(870) 887-3123 12.6 7-12 451
- Prescott Prescott Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 529 students
335 School St
Prescott, AR 71857
(870) 887-2514 12.7 K-6 529
- Murfreesboro Murfreesboro Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 317 students
605 Thrid Ave
Murfreesboro, AR 71958
(870) 285-2193 14.3 PK-6 317
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.