Blue Ridge High School
Top Placements (South Carolina)
Blue Ridge High School is Listed among the top public schools in South Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Blue Ridge High School's student population of 1148 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,148 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Blue Ridge High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1130 schools in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (SC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Blue Ridge High School is Greenville 01 School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 85 school districts in South Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Greenville 01 School District's student population of 76,550 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 74% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,147 in this district is less than the state average of $10,151. The district revenue/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,156 is less than the state average of $10,341. The district spending/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
|School District Name||Greenville 01 School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||76,550||3,820|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$674 MM||$39 MM|
|District Spending||$674 MM||$40 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,147||$10,151|
|District Spending / Student||$9,156||$10,341|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greer Skyland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 725 students
4221 Highway 14 North
Greer, SC 29651
(864)355-7200 1.3 PK-5 725
- Greer Blue Ridge Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 912 students
2423 East Tyger Bridge Road
Greer, SC 29651
(864)355-1900 1.5 6-8 912
- Taylors Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 852 students
6350 Highway 253
Taylors, SC 29687
(864)355-6800 4.2 PK-5 852
- Greer Greer Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 895 students
3032 East Gap Creek Road
Greer, SC 29651
(864)355-5800 4.4 6-8 895
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.