Bonsack Elementary School
Bonsack Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Bonsack Elementary School's student population of 366 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||366 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bonsack Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#76 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Roanoke County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 561-3858 1.3 n/a n/a
- Cloverdale Cloverdale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 269 students
833 Cougar Drive
Cloverdale, VA 24077
(540) 992-1086 2.6 PK-5 269
- Roanoke Monterey Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 495 students
4501 Oliver Rd Ne
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540) 853-2933 3.1 PK-5 495
- Roanoke Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 356 students
5901 Plantation Circle
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540) 561-8175 3.1 PK-5 356
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.