Borah Senior High School
Borah Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Idaho for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Borah Senior High School's student population of 1,502 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 85 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-13|
|Total Students||1,502 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Borah Senior High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 656 schools in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Boise Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Grace Jordan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 530 students
6411 W Fairfield
Boise, ID 83709
(208)854-5580 0.5 PK-6 530
- Boise Ada County Juvenile Center Grades: 5-12 | 21 students
6300 Denton Street
Boise, ID 83704
(208)854-4150 0.9 5-12 21
- Boise Hillcrest Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 362 students
2045 South Pond Street
Boise, ID 83705
(208)854-5080 1.4 PK-6 362
- Boise Inspire Virtual Charter School Grades: PK-12 | 925 students
600 N Steelhead Way Bldg3, Sui
Boise, ID 83702
(208)322-4002 1.5 PK-12 925
- Boise Jefferson Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 269 students
200 South Latah Street
Boise, ID 83705
(208)854-5260 1.6 PK-6 269
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.