Borah Senior High School
Borah Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Idaho for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Borah Senior High School's student population of 1502 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 85 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-13|
|Total Students||1,502 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Borah Senior High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 656 schools in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Borah Senior High School is Boise Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 143 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Boise Independent School District's student population of 25,900 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 83% has increased from 81% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,413 is higher than the state average of $9,031. The district revenue/student has grown by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,462 is higher than the state average of $9,000. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Boise Independent School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||25,900||520|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$242 MM||$5 MM|
|District Spending||$244 MM||$5 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,413||$9,031|
|District Spending / Student||$9,462||$9,000|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boise Grace Jordan Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 530 students
6411 W Fairfield
Boise, ID 83709
(208)854-5580 0.5 PK-6 530
- Boise Ada County Juvenile Center Grades: 5-12 | 21 students
6300 Denton Street
Boise, ID 83704
(208)854-4150 0.9 5-12 21
- Boise Hillcrest Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 362 students
2045 South Pond Street
Boise, ID 83705
(208)854-5080 1.4 PK-6 362
- Boise Inspire Virtual Charter School Grades: PK-12 | 925 students
600 N Steelhead Way Bldg3, Sui
Boise, ID 83702
(208)322-4002 1.5 PK-12 925
- Boise Jefferson Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 269 students
200 South Latah Street
Boise, ID 83705
(208)854-5260 1.6 PK-6 269
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.