Bow High School
Bow High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 5%)
- Bow High School's student population of 657 students has grown by 27% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 49 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||657 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bow High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 455 schools in New Hampshire (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#79 out of 455 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bow School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bow Bow Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 520 students
22 Bow Center Rd.
Bow, NH 03304
(603) 225-3049 0.4 PK-4 520
- Bow Bow Memorial School Grades: 5-8 | 492 students
20 Bow Center Rd.
Bow, NH 03304
(603) 225-3212 0.4 5-8 492
- Concord Abbot-downing School Grades: K-5 | 383 students
152 South St.
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 225-0827 2.4 K-5 383
- Salem The Birches Academy Of Academics - Art A Public Charter School Grades: K-8 | 217 students
419 South Broadway 2nd Floor
Salem, NH 03079
(603) 458-6399 3.0 K-8 217
I went here before moving out of state, and let me tell you this is the worst school you could send your child through. Between teachers only caring about numbers and test scores, and the rediculous amount of work they assign students, my sister developed anxiety and depression, my good friend has had to go to therapy, and I myself have struggled with depression and self harm because of school stress. The guidance staff is rude, and not encouraging towards students. I would not ever send my child here because I believe students should not be in a comfortable environment without the workload of a college student, and having a life rather than dedicating all of my time to school work.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kkcat