Breese Elementary School
Breese Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Breese Elementary School's student population of 415 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Breese Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#640 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Breese ESD 12 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Breese Central Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 592 students
7740 Old Us Hwy 50
Breese, IL 62230
(618)526-4578 2.4 9-12 592
- Germantown Germantown Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 262 students
Po Box 400
Germantown, IL 62245
(618)523-4253 4.3 PK-8 262
- Beckemeyer Beckemeyer Elementary School Grades: 2-4 | 189 students
Po Box 307
Beckemeyer, IL 62219
(618)227-8242 4.4 2-4 189
- Aviston Aviston Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 392 students
350 S Hull St
Aviston, IL 62216
(618)228-7245 5.2 PK-8 392
- Breese St Rose Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 161 students
18004 Saint Rose Rd
Breese, IL 62230
(618)526-7484 5.3 PK-8 161
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.