Germantown Elementary School
Germantown Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Germantown Elementary School's student population of 262 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Germantown Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,679 schools in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#109 out of 3679 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Germantown 60 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bartelso Bartelso Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 183 students
Po Box 267
Bartelso, IL 62218
(618)765-2164 3.9 PK-8 183
- Albers Albers Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 205 students
Po Box 104
Albers, IL 62215
(618)248-5146 4.2 PK-8 205
- Breese Central Community High School Grades: 9-12 | 592 students
7740 Old Us Hwy 50
Breese, IL 62230
(618)526-4578 4.2 9-12 592
- Breese Breese Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 415 students
777 Memorial Dr
Breese, IL 62230
(618)526-7128 4.3 PK-8 415
- Aviston Aviston Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 392 students
350 S Hull St
Aviston, IL 62216
(618)228-7245 5.5 PK-8 392
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.