Brentwood Elementary School serves 441 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Brentwood Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 62% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 59% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 43%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Indiana state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 35% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 441 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 28%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 62% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 59% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Brentwood Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Brentwood Elementary School's student population of 441 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Brentwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,755 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Brentwood Elementary School is 0.46, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#174 out of 1755 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Brentwood Elementary School's ranking?
Brentwood Elementary School is ranked #174 out of 1,755 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in Indiana.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
62% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% IN state average), while 59% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 43% IN state average).
How many students attend Brentwood Elementary School?
441 students attend Brentwood Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
72% of Brentwood Elementary School students are White, 9% of students are Black, 9% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Brentwood Elementary School?
Brentwood Elementary School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Indiana state average of 15:1.
What grades does Brentwood Elementary School offer ?
Brentwood Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5
What school district is Brentwood Elementary School part of?
Brentwood Elementary School is part of Plainfield Community School Corp School District.
Review Brentwood Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.