Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy
- Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy's student population of 552 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 28% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||552 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bright Star Secondary Charter Academy's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 27:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3092 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Rise Kohyang Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 398 students
3020 Wilshire Blvd. Ste. 250
Los Angeles, CA 90010
(424)789-8338 0.0 6-8 398
- Los Angeles Animo Leadership High School Grades: 9-12 | 649 students
11044 S. Freeman Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
(310)216-3277 0.3 9-12 649
- Inglewood Felton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 586 students
10417 Felton Ave.
Inglewood, CA 90304
(310)680-8950 0.7 K-5 586
- Inglewood Oak Street Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 658 students
633 S. Oak St.
Inglewood, CA 90301
(310)680-5340 0.8 K-6 658
- Inglewood Buford Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 695 students
4919 W. 109th St.
Inglewood, CA 90304
(310)680-8900 1.0 K-5 695
This is my girls first year. So far it''s great school for learning the basics. It could offer more electives so that it equals out the sports. However overall it''s been good.
- Posted by Parent - Fancy
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.