Brookridge Elementary School
Brookridge Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Brookridge Elementary School's student population of 570 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||570 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brookridge Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,265 schools in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#211 out of 1265 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shawnee Mission Pub School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Overland Park Pawnee Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 480 students
9501 W 91st St
Overland Park, KS 66212
(913) 993-4300 1.4 PK-6 480
- Overland Park Shawnee Mission South High School Grades: 7-12 | 1,522 student
5800 W 107th St
Overland Park, KS 66207
(913) 993-7500 1.7 7-12 1,522
- Overland Park Shawnee Mission West High School Grades: 6-12 | 1,762 student
8800 W 85th St
Overland Park, KS 66212
(913) 993-7800 1.9 6-12 1,762
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.